Fried Summer Squash.
You can have Fried Summer Squash using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Summer Squash
- You need 3 of large yellow squash, sliced 1/2 inch circles.
- You need 1 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cornmeal (not cornmeal mix).
- It’s 1 of Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders, paprika.
- It’s 2 of Eggs, beaten with a splash of water.
Fried Summer Squash Preparation
- Combine flour, cornmeal and seasonings in one dish and the beaten eggs and splash of water in another dish..
- Heat a large skillet with about a half inch of oil in it on medium heat..
- Dredge the squash first in the flour then into the egg then back into the flour. Shake off excess and and let the coating sit for a minute. Fry in single layer. Fry for a few minutes on one side then the other until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with extra salt..