You can cook Venison Stroganoff using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Venison Stroganoff
- You need 1.5 pounds of venison tenderloin cubed. Or meat of your choice.
- You need 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 10 oz of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 1 of lg onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need to taste of S/P.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- You need of Chives if wanted.
Venison Stroganoff step by step
- Brown meat in skillet with tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp olive oil, while that's browing start the water for egg noodles,when water comes to a boil add noodles.
- Sautee onions and mushrooms with remaining 2 tbsp butter until mushrooms are golden in color. Take off heat and set aside.
- If you want, drain excess liquid from meat(I personally do)and mix in all other ingredients, including the onions and mushrooms to the meat and stir.
- Make a flour slurry to thicken, 4 tbsp of flour with 4-6 oz of warm water. Whisk until blended, then add to meat and other ingredients and stir..
- Bring meat and other ingredients to a slow boil medium high heat for about 15 mins, add noodles mix together and serve. Enjoy.