You can have Beef Carpaccio using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Carpaccio
- You need of for the beef.
- You need 200 g of x beef tenderloin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of crushed pink peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of for the gremolata.
- It’s 1 of x handfuls of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 of x cloves crushed garlic.
- Prepare of zest from 1 lemon juice of half a lemon.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of for the green bean salad.
- You need 100 g of x green beans.
- You need 2 of x shallots.
- It’s 1 of x tbsp Olive oil.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Beef Carpaccio step by step
- Crush the pink pepper corns on a tray, add the black pepper and olive oil, then massage the rub onto the surface of the beef. Wrap tightly in cling film and reserve in the fridge..
- For the gremolata: chop parsley, crush garlic and zest the lemon, combine in a bowl with half the lemon juice and olive oil, cover with cling film and keep in the fridge..
- Fine dice or chop the shallots, blanch beans in rapid boiling water for just 1 minute and cool quickly in either ice water or just under a running cold tap. Drain beans well and combine with the shallots, season well with salt pepper and olive oil, cover bean salad with cling film and reserve in the fridge..
- Sear the beef in a smoking hot heavy frying pan (no oil) on all sides but just 20 seconds on each side, this will add flavour and kill off any bacteria lurking on the surface. Wrap tightly in cling film and cool completely in the fridge..
- Slice the beef to about 3mm (approx) lay cling film on your board then arrange 2 slices per person slightly overlapping and then cover loosely with more cling film. Gently tap away with a meat mallet/rolling pin/sauce pan or whatever you have until it has spread out to the size of a large plate. Remove the top layer and pick up the beef from under, confidently slap the beef into the centre and remove the cling film..
- Season with salt and pepper then spread over the gremolata, top with bean salad.
- Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc55RjgxfI0 Shave parmesan cheese to finish give the plate a tidy up and get stuck in. These screen shots are taken from my youtube video feel free to check it out..