Oven – Smoked Beef Tenderloin.
You can have Oven – Smoked Beef Tenderloin using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven – Smoked Beef Tenderloin
- It’s 1 of beef tenderloin or brisket.
- Prepare of Dry Ingredients.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cayenne.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare of Liquid Ingredients.
- It’s 1 each of bottle of dry red wine such as cabernet sauvignon.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 2 each of wine bottles of water.
Oven – Smoked Beef Tenderloin step by step
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Rub mixture onto meat. Use plastic wrap to tightly wrap the meat and then place in large Ziploc bag. (The meat can then be put in the freezer to be used for later if you like. I usually do two tenderloins at a time; one for now and one for the freezer.).
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 days. (One week is the ideal time! ) More than a week and the meat will go bad!.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Take meat out of refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature (about 30 minutes)..
- Place your oven racks in the middle very close together. On the bottom rack, place a large shallow pan. Add 1 TBL of liquid smoke, 1/4 bottle of wine and enough water to make about 1 inch of liquid in the pan..
- Place the meat directly on the top rack over the pan of liquid..
- Smoke for 1 1/2 hours per pound. Every 45 minutes or so check the pan of liquid. As the liquid evaporates, you will need to add more water, wine and liquid smoke. THERE MUST ALWAYS BE LIQUID IN THE PAN! Avoid constantly opening the oven..
- The internal temperature of the meat should be 180°F. When finished, let the meat rest 15 minutes..
- Slice and serve hot!.
- Additional Note: You can use this same recipe in an outdoor smoker, just substitute wood chips for the liquid smoke..