Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin.
You can have Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin
- It’s of Rub/Marinade.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of coarse salt, sea salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder, or 5-6 cloves diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ground coffee, or instant coffee, espresso powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of onion powder or 1/4cup of minced white onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red pepper flake.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Hungarian paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Meat.
- Prepare 3 lb of Beef Tenderloin, Roast Beef.
- Prepare of apple or pecan wood chips, dry.
- You need of olive oil.
Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin instructions
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, except the Worcestershire sauce, and rub all over the tenderloin till completely covered. Marinate covered in refrigerator for 4-6 hours, or for more flavor marinate over night..
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Place an oven safe container filled 3/4 of the way with water in oven while preheating for steam and keeping tenderloin moist..
- If using a charcoal grill, place coals mainly to one side of the grill so there's a cool and hot side. Preheat charcoal or gas grill on high. Clean grates very well. Using a paper towel and thongs, rub an olive oil soaked paper towel on the hot grill grates where you will be placing the meat. This prevents sticking of the meat and spices..
- Turn off flame on meat side of grill, or place meat on the cool side of charcoal grill. Place marinaded tenderloin on hot, oiled grill grates. Place the dry apple or pecan wood chips on the hot side of the grill, opposite of the meat. Dash Worcestershire sauce on meat to taste. Close lid and smoke for 20min. Open lid and flip meat. Dash with Worcestershire sauce. Smoke for another 15 min. Remove and take to oven..
- If you have a rib rack, place meat fat side up on baking sheet next to the container or water in the preheated oven..
- Once tenderloin is in 500°F preheated oven, close door, turn off oven and heat and Do Not open for 1-1/2 hr (hour and half)!!! Your oven will act like a Dutch Oven and will slowly cook your cook your meat keeping juices inside the meat. (Bake 30min per pound of meat).
- After cooking time, pull tenderloin out and let rest 10min before cutting. Enjoy!! Slight smoke taste on outside with a subtle, sweet-peppery aftertaste. Can go with so many sides!!.