Grilled Squash. Preheat the grill for medium heat. This is grilled butternut squash recipe is one of my favorite ways to cook with fresh produce. I usually make it when I am grilling steak or chicken. —Esther Horst, Monterey, Tennessee.
Grilled squash goes great with grilled meat or as a side for pasta or whatever. Use your imagination and give it a try! (Keep in mind that for this post I used crookneck squash, but you could use zucchini. Grilled Spaghetti Squash-tender, sweet, and a great pasta replacement-delicious served with Parmesan cheese, your favorite tomatoes, and fresh herbs! You can create Grilled Squash using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Squash
- It’s 1 large of Zucchini.
- It’s 1 large of Yellow Squash (summer squash).
- You need 1 of Barbecue Sauce.
- You need 1 of Salt & Pepper (to taste).
This Grilled Zucchini & Squash is unbelievably delicious thanks to an incredible (and incredibly simple) olive oil, herb, and seasoning mixture. Butternut squash is grown in many parts of the world, but in Australia, Europe, and some parts of Asia it's called pumpkin or Butternut Pumpkin. Today Im grilling squash and zucchini on the Weber Q. Place the squash slices on the grill and cover.
Grilled Squash Instructions
- Cut squash in large chunks, so it won't fall through the veggie grilling basket..
- Put cut pieces in a large bowl. Add barbecue sauce, I used Sweet Baby Rays Hawaiian, delicious! Mix veggies in sauce..
- Heat grill to medium heat..
- Place veggies in veggie grilling basket..
- Grill until tender, turning occasionally..
- Remove from grill, add salt & pepper to taste..
- Serve as a side to anything, meat, poultry, or fish. Enjoy!.
The resulting squash was creamy and sweet, with just enough nuttiness from the cheese to make it a great savory side for fall grilling. Few foods conjure the fall season like acorn squash. It's a gourd, for one thing, and we associate gourds with autumn; and its orange-y. Grill the vegetables on a medium-high flame until squash is tender. Stir the veggies around every couple of minutes to grill evenly.