Ratatouille (à la Remy).
You can create Ratatouille (à la Remy) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ratatouille (à la Remy)
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1/2 medium of onion.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 large of Tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable stock (or chicken or beef).
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- It’s 1 small of eggplant.
- It’s 1 medium of bell pepper.
- It’s 1 small of yellow squash.
- Prepare 1 small of zucchini.
Ratatouille (à la Remy) Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F..
- In a large sautée pan over medium heat, cook the garlic, red pepper flakes, and onion until the onion is translucent..
- Meanwhile, using either a mandolin, food processor (with slicer attachment), or knife, thinly slice the eggplant, bell pepper, yellow squash, and zucchini (slices should be approximately 1/8" thick)..
- Add the chopped tomato, veggie stock, tomato paste, and herbs to the sautée pan and cook for 8-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Pour the sauce into the bottom of a 9" pie dish (or similar oven-safe dish)..
- Arrange the vegetables on top concentrically, layering them so that only a little bit of the peel is visible..
- Top with a pinch of salt, pepper, and thyme..
- Cover with some parchment paper (cut to fit your dish). Weight with some spare slices of veggie if necessary. Bake for 45-50 minutes until vegetables are tender..