Beef tenderloin with smoked gouda crust.
You can cook Beef tenderloin with smoked gouda crust using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef tenderloin with smoked gouda crust
- Prepare 4 of tenderloin steaks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of finely grated smoked gouda.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of dried parsley.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of fresh rosemary.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper.
Beef tenderloin with smoked gouda crust instructions
- In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients, then add melted butter and mix well..
- Place ingredients between a folded sheet of parchment paper or saran wrap, and press flat. Place in fridge to solidify fats..
- Season steaks with your choice of seasoning. I use sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and fresh rosemary..
- Sear your steaks on all sides over med-high heat in a cast iron skillet. Outside should be deep brown, but inside should still be red..
- Set oven to broil at 400°, and use middle oven rack..
- Remove crust ingredients from fridge, cut to required size and place on top of steaks. Place steaks in the oven in the same cast iron skillet, broil for approximately 7-10 minutes..
- Check temperature of steaks. The trick to a perfect steak is temperature, not timing. The steaks will continue to cook from the residual heat of the pan, and the crust will bubble and brown. Remove when crust is brown and steak is 71°, let sit for 5 minutes before serving..