Beef Tenderloin (best recipe).
You can cook Beef Tenderloin (best recipe) using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Tenderloin (best recipe)
- It’s 4 1/2-5 pounds of filet of beef or beef tenderloin whole..
- It’s of Marinade:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 2 tbs of chopped ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dry red wine.
- It’s 2 tbs of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbs of chopped garlich.
- Prepare 3 tbs of cornstarch.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
Beef Tenderloin (best recipe) step by step
- Combine all marinade ingredients in heavy saucepan; mix well..
- Bring just to boiling point..
- Remove from heat and allow to cool..
- Place beef in glass, enamel, or stainless steel pan..
- Pour cooled marinade over beef and cover..
- Allow to marinate over night..
- Remove from fridge several hours before roasting..
- Preheat oven to 450°F..
- Place meat in shallow baking pan and pour marinade over it. (I leave it in the shallow dish in which it marinated overnight.).
- Roast for 20 minutes, basting with marinate from time to time..
- Reduce heat to 350°F..
- Continue roasting another 20 minutes (or until beef reaches desired doneness)..
- Remove from oven and let cool in marinade..
- Cut into thin slices and serve at room temperature..
- Note: This is best served rare to medium rare. It is often done after 40 minutes of roasting, so please be care not to overcook..