Ratatouille. Ratatouille, while not so straightforward with its action, has almost as much as The Incredibles did, in unique ways. Most memorable is the shotgun scene near the beginning. It was the eighth film produced by Pixar, and was written and directed by Brad.
You can make Ratatouille using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ratatouille
- You need 1 of Japanese eggplant.
- It’s 1 of Yellow squash.
- You need 1 of Zucchini.
- You need 4 of Roma tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of Onion (chopped).
- Prepare 4 of Garlic cloves (minced).
- It’s 5 of Sprigs Thyme.
- It’s 4 Tbs of Olive oil.
- You need 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Water.
Ratatouille Step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 F..
- In an iron skillet, spread the tomato paste and add onion and garlic. Then add 1/2 cup of water and mix..
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into the tomato mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Slice the eggplant, squash, zucchini, and tomatoes thinly (about 1/4 inch)..
- Season the sliced vegetables with salt and pepper..
- Start to layer the slices, starting at the outer edge and moving inwards in a spiral. Layer in a pattern..
- When done layering, drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and sprinkle with Thyme..
- Cover with parchment paper cut so that it fits inside the skillet..
- Place into oven and bake for 45 minutes. Will be very hot when done so be careful. Serve and enjoy!.