spicy black eyed pea soup. Recipe by PalatablePastime. this was very good and very easy to make. the recipe was great, the only problem with the soup was the awful brand of smoked sausage i used. dh and i loved this soup and will definitely make it on a regular basis. thank you for posting this. Give a bowl of black-eyed pea soup a Cajun kick with spicy sausage and Tobasco sauce. This is a really good low-budget soup, although that shouldn't be the reason you want to make this.
For me, it made all the difference. If you try it, you are in for a spicy treat. This collards and black-eyed peas soup is spicy, smoky, vegan, and low-fat. You can have spicy black eyed pea soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of spicy black eyed pea soup
- Prepare 13 oz of dry black eye peas.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 large of onion.
- You need 1 medium of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 medium of green pepper.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of minced jalapenos.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (may add more to suit your taste).
- Prepare 3/4 envelope of chicken bolion cube.
- You need 1 packages of smoked turkey sausage (you can use any smoked meat of your choice).
- It’s 4 slice of turkey bacon (you can use pork bacon as well).
- Prepare 1 can of okra.
Make it quickly in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker! I've had a package of pre-washed, pre-chopped collard greens in the fridge for a few days, and I was hoping to do something different with them. These spicy black-eyed peas, also known as Hoppin' John, make a tasty meal for any day of the week, but it is best on New Years Day! These Southern black-eyed peas are a traditional New Year's Day dish, also known as Hoppin' John.
spicy black eyed pea soup step by step
- soak beans in bowl of water over night. Make sure you put enough water in the bowl beacuse the beans will expand.
- cut up all vegetables in to bite size pices.
- cook turkey Bacon 1/2 way & cut into 1in pieces.
- put all ingredients into crock pot & set on low. Cook for 8 to 10 hrs.
- goes good with multi grain bread & rice.
Black-eyed peas, along with greens and cornbread. Easy to make black-eyed pea soup in the crock pot. Goes great with corn bread on the side. Spicy Black-Eyed Pea Soup Sometimes people call this black-eyed bean soup and it is a lot like bean soup. But it is an important thing to know that these little legumes are not.