Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce.
You can cook Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter divided.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of canola oil.
- Prepare 2 of beef tenderloin steaks 1 inch thick and 4 oz each.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion.
- You need 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s Dash of pepper.
- Prepare 2/3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of browning sauce optional.
Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce step by step
- In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat cook the steaks to desired doneness for medium rare a thermometer should read 135 medium 140 5-6 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan reserving drippings keep warm.
- In same pan heat drippings and remaining butter over medium high heat sauté mushrooms and green onion until tender.
- Stir in flour salt and pepper until blended gradually stir in chicken broth and if desired browning sauce.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly cook and stir until thickened about 1 to 2 minutes serve with steaks.