Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits. Cheesy grits, spicy shrimp, crispy bacon and fresh green onions make the ultimate comfort food! One of our favorite comfort foods is this Shrimp with Creamy Cheesy Grits. Oh my gahhhh this is so freaking good.
Baby kale, tender and virtually prep-free, is briefly sautéed and then stirred into cheesy quick-cooking (NOT instant) grits. The result is silky smooth and creamy with just a hint. Rich and creamy these grits make a great side dish for a Southern-style meal. You can create Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits
- Prepare of Veggies:.
- It’s 1 of zucchini (chopped and cut into half moons).
- It’s 1 of yellow squash (chopped and cut into half moons).
- You need 2-3 of large tomatillos (chopped and cut into half moons).
- It’s 1-2 of bell peppers (cut into 1-2 inch strips).
- Prepare 2-3 of Thai eggplants and/or 1 Chinese eggplant (chopped and cut into half moons).
- You need 1 stick of butter (I prefer Blue Bonnet).
- It’s of ****************************.
- It’s of Cheesy grits:.
- You need of Salted water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of chia seeds (optional but tasteless and healthy).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of feta cheese (optional but tasty).
- It’s of Grits (preferably Quaker Oats quick grits).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sour cream (or more if desired).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cream cheese (or more if desired).
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of milk (as necessary).
- It’s Handful of Velveeta shredded cheese.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s of Optional seasoning: garlic powder and paprika (to taste).
I make these at my annual Kentucky Derby party.—Kristin Arnett, Elkhorn, Wisconsin. These luscious cheese grits replace standard mashed potatoes as an alluring side dish for Marcia Kiesel's roasted whole chicken with In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and gradually whisk in the grits. Cover and cook over low heat.
Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits Preparation
- Chop all veggies as directed or as desired. Sauté veggies in butter and possibly a little oil (I prefer grape seed oil) over medium-high heat for about 25 minutes or until desired tenderness..
- After veggies have cooked for about 15-20 minutes, boil lightly salted water in a separate pot along with chia seeds and feta cheese for about 6 minutes. After those 6 minutes, add and cook grits according to package directions whisking grits from start to finish occasionally. Garlic powder and paprika are excellent options for seasoning..
- After grits are almost done, turn fire to low heat and add milk, cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese and butter. Stir and let grits ingredients heat for about another 3-5 minutes. Then, turn off fire and let grits set for about 5-10 minutes..
- Serve hot, sautéed veggies over hot grits. Enjoy!.
- Suggestions: Another good addition to your sautéed veggies is mushrooms. Chia seeds can be purchased at Puritan.com. Check it out. Tomatillos, Thai eggplant, and Chinese eggplant may be difficult to find in some cities. Try a fruit market that has a lot of varieties of fruits and vegetables. In Chicago, we have Pete's Fresh Market..
Shrimp & Grits is classic Southern U. These grits are loaded with flavor…they are creamy, cheesy and buttery…and sinfully delicious. Topped off with sauteed gulf shrimp in garlic, scallions, parsley lemon juice, smoked paprika and a dash of hot sauce. Well, this is Southern decadence at its. Sauteed shrimp with bacon, creamy cauliflower grits, and fresh greens.