Rib Roast / Prime Rib with Sage Red Wine sauce.
You can cook Rib Roast / Prime Rib with Sage Red Wine sauce using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rib Roast / Prime Rib with Sage Red Wine sauce
- It’s 1 of (4-bone-in) standing rib roast, preferably from the loin end.
- It’s of Canola oil, to coat roast.
- Prepare of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to cover entire roast.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 4 of fresh sage leaves.
Rib Roast / Prime Rib with Sage Red Wine sauce instructions
- Turn the oven to 250 degrees F..
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator and rub with canola oil. Remember to rub the bones with oil, as well. Once the roast is completely coated with oil cover the roast with kosher salt, about half a teaspoon per bone. Next, rub with freshly ground pepper to coat the surface..
- Place the roast in a glass bake-ware dish. Place a probe thermometer into the center of the roast and set for 118 degrees..
- Roast until internal temperature is achieved. Remove the roast and turn oven up to 500 degrees F. Cover with heavy-duty foil. Allow the roast to rest until an internal temperature of 130 degrees F. is reached..
- Place the roast back into the preheated 500 degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until you've achieved your desired crust. Remove and transfer roast to a cutting board. Keep covered with foil until ready to serve..
- Degrease the juices in the glass pan. Place the pan over low heat and deglaze with 1 cup of water. Add the wine and reduce by half. Roll the sage leaves in between your fingers to release the flavors and aroma. Add to the sauce and cook for 1 minute. Strain and serve on the side..