Sophie's creamy pea and asparagus envelopes.
You can cook Sophie's creamy pea and asparagus envelopes using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sophie's creamy pea and asparagus envelopes
- It’s of filling.
- You need 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of asparagus.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of broccoli.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic.
- You need 100 grams of quark or cream cheese.
- Prepare of rest.
- Prepare 1 of spring roll wrappers.
- It’s 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Sophie's creamy pea and asparagus envelopes step by step
- Chop your vegetables and boil in your stock for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until soft..
- Drain, and blend on a pulse setting – you can choose to make it smooth if you wish, but I like to keep a few bits of veg bigger..
- Add your cream cheese/quark, garlic and salt. Taste test and add more if you feel it needs it..
- In another bowl, mix your egg and corn flour..
- Take a spring roll wrapper and cut into quarters. Stick two of your quarters together using egg mixture. Add a layer of egg mixture to the edges of your squares..
- Add a spoonful of mix to the centre of your squares, and fold in half so you are left with triangles with your mix sealed in the middle..
- On top of the lump mixture, add a layer of egg mixture. Fold in either the left or right corner..
- Add some more egg mix into that, and fold the other corner in..
- Put egg mixture all over the top and fold the top corner down. Voila! you have an envelope..
- Repeat until you have enough envelopes, and allow egg to dry..
- Now, you can either boil them in salted water for 1 minute like I did, or steam them for 5-7 minutes (I don't have a steamer, but this is the "proper"way to do it)..
- Serve however you like! I have mine with a little olive oil, sea salt and parmesan, but it would be great with a tomato sauce too..