Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas.
You can cook Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped Chorizo or Spicy Sausage (Salchichón).
- You need 1 can of (15 oz.) Gandules (Pigeon Peas).
- Prepare 1 clove of minced Garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped Red Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped Green Peppers.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Roasted Red Peppers.
- It’s 1 packages of Chicken Bullion.
- It’s 1 packages of Sazon with Culantro and Achiote.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of of Sofrito.
- You need 1 tbsp of Adobo Goya.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried Oregano.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sliced Pimento stuffed Green Olives.
- It’s 4 oz of Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1 bunch of Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- You need 2 cup of White Rice (uncooked).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 2 tbsp of of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas instructions
- In a medium pot, on medium heat, add oil, sofrito, garlic, onions, green peppers, red peppers and chorizo. Cook until onions are translucent..
- Add tomato sauce, can of gandules (with liquid), green olives, adobo, chicken bullion, sazon and dried oregano. Stir thoroughly and cook covered for about 3 minutes..
- Add rice, water, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. LEAVE UNCOVERED on medium heat until water is almost completely dissolved..
- As soon as water is almost dissolved, stir twice scooping from the bottom up and over. Cover and lower heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes. DO NOT UNCOVER LID. After 20 minutes, stir the rice. It should be fluffly and golden. If not, cover for 10 more minutes and voila!.
- Buen Provecho :-).