Rib Roast / Prime Rib.
You can have Rib Roast / Prime Rib using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rib Roast / Prime Rib
- You need 1 of (4-bone-in) rib roast, preferably from the loin end.
- Prepare of Canola oil, to coat roast.
- You need of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to cover entire roast.
Rib Roast / Prime Rib step by step
- Turn the oven to 250 degrees F..
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator; let it sit for an hour or so to bring to room temperature. Rub with canola oil. Remember to rub the bones with oil as well (if it’s not boneless).
- Once the roast is completely coated with oil, sprinkle salt over the entire roast, about half a teaspoon per bone. Next, rub with freshly ground pepper to coat the surface..
- Place a probe thermometer into the center of the roast and set for 118 degrees. Put the roast in the oven. Turn the oven down to 200 degrees F and roast until internal temperature (118) is achieved (usually it takes 45 – 50 minutes for a 2 lb roast but keep an eye on the thermometer).
- Remove the roast from oven and turn heat up to 500 degrees F. and cover roast with heavy-duty foil. Allow the roast to rest until an internal temperature of 130 degrees F. is reached..
- Place the roast back into the preheated 500 degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until you've achieved your desired crust. Remove and transfer roast to a cutting board. Keep covered with foil until ready to serve..