Prime Rib Roast.
You can cook Prime Rib Roast using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prime Rib Roast
- It’s 1 of Rib roast large or small end (about 6 to 8 lbs.) about 3 to 4 ribs..
- Prepare 8 of Garlic cloves (peeled).
- You need 1 of Lawrys seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 of Crushed garlic (paste).
- Prepare 1 of Marinade injector.
- You need 2 packages of Au Jus sauce mix.
- Prepare 1 jar of of Horseradish paste.
Prime Rib Roast step by step
- Remove roast from fridge 45 min. before cooking. It should be as close to room temp. as possible..
- Preheat the oven to 400..
- Start prepping the roast by injecting the garlic paste in various spots. Nobody has ever complained about there being too much garlic..
- Cut slits in the fat and insert garlic cloves (push cloves completely under fat or they will come out during cooking).
- Rub the entire roast with Lawrys seasoned salt or your favorite meat rub..
- Place roast in large roasting pan uncovered with fat side up..
- Cook roast for 1 hour at 400..
- Turn the oven off and leave off for one hour..
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN!.
- After one hour, turn oven on to 325..
- Cook roast an additional 5 to 8 min. per lb. depending on desired rareness..
- After cooking, loosely cover with foil and let roast rest for at least 20 minutes..
- During this time the Au Jus sauce can be made… follow directions on package..
- I serve my roast with horseradish and au jus on the side… if you've never had horseradish on your prime rib… you need to try it..