You can have Spritz cookies using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spritz cookies
- It’s 1 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Food coloring(use the icing food coloring).
- You need of Holiday sprinkles.
Spritz cookies instructions
- Heat oven to 400°F. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, salt, egg, vanilla extract and a few drops of food color(use the icing food coloring). My reason for saying that is you don't want to change the dough to being more runny than a soft dough..
- Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate with holiday sprinkles..
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.* Creative mix-ins or decorations will make each batch of spritz cookies one that’s uniquely your own. Drizzle with melted chocolate, mix in chopped nuts or dried fruit, sprinkle with sparkling sugar, color them to match the season. Enjoy.