German Potato Salad. Bacon gives this warm German potato salad recipe a boost of flavor. The vinegar and sugar dressing on this Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook.
Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network. Add potatoes and bacon to the skillet; cook and stir gently over Hey, you DO all realize that there is more than one kind of German Potato Salad, right? every region's is. German Potato Salad is always a hit any time of year. You can cook German Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad
- Prepare 3 of large russet potatoes.
- It’s 3 stalks of spring onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 sprig of dill (optional).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- You need 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare To taste of black pepper.
Most often served warm, this easy This potato salad is made similarly to a warm potato salad. Cube and boil potatoes and while they're. Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite. I can taste the pucker now.
German Potato Salad Step by step
- Wash, peel, and quarter the potatoes and boil until cooked, OR microwave the potatoes, skin on, until cooked, and then quarter them..
- Stir fry the onion, mustard seeds, salt, and pepper in olive oil on medium heat, for about 1 minute..
- Turn off the fire, add the apple cider vinegar, and mix. Transfer the contents into a salad bowl..
- Add the quartered potatoes, finely chopped spring onion, and dill, and mix (tip: adding the potatoes while hot allows them to absorb more flavour). Serve warm or cold..
For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and vinegar dressing. If you were to look up German Potato Salad you would get tons of different versions. German potato salad is a traditional potato side dish brought over to the United States by immigrants from southern Germany.