German Potato Salad with Sweet Potatoes. Bacon gives this warm German potato salad recipe a boost of flavor. The vinegar and sugar dressing on this salad has the perfect combination of salty and Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Hot potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard, and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite.
Add potatoes and bacon to the skillet; cook and stir gently over low heat until heated through. Hey, you DO all realize that there is more than one kind of German Potato Salad, right? every region's is different.some with bacon, some made with sour cream, some with just broth, some with cucumbers. This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and vinegar dressing. You can create German Potato Salad with Sweet Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad with Sweet Potatoes
- It’s 1 medium of ・ Japanese sweet potato.
- It’s 1/3 of ・ Onion.
- Prepare 3 of ・ Wiener sausages.
- It’s of …………………….
- It’s 2 tbsp of ＊ Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ＊ Grainy mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ＊ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of ＊ Salt and pepper.
- You need of …………….
- It’s 1 of ・ Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of ・ Parsley.
This Easy German Potato Salad is a short-cut version that my German grandma used to make for us. It's a vinegar and oil based potato salad that's delicious with fish, brats, pork tenderloin. In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season generously with salt. Best Lunch Desk Ever: Sweet Potato Salad.
German Potato Salad with Sweet Potatoes Instructions
- Cut the sweet potato into bite sized pieces! Soak in a bowl of water. Slice the onion and sausages thinly..
- Put the sweet potato pieces in a heatproof dish or plastic bag and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes!.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and stir fry the onion and sausages until wilted..
- Add the sweet potato pieces to the frying pan! Add all the ＊ ingredients and cook until the flavors are evenly distributed..
- Done! This is good hot or cold!.
The French like their potato salad simple and warm, with large chunks of potatoes, in a wine vinegar and Dijon mustard sauce. While you will find versions of "German Potato Salad" served in the States that are quite sweet and tangy, the potato salads that we ate while in Munich were much less sweet. I'm not too big on the latter, but I have to hand it to the Germans with how they serve their potatoes, especially in potato salad. I remember lots of potatoes garnished with parsley, usually tossed in a light vinegar dressing, sometimes onions, and always blessedly mayo-free. German Sweet Potato Salad is made with sweet potatoes and a warm bacon dressing.