German Potato Salad Batch 2. Bacon gives this warm German potato salad recipe a boost of flavor. The vinegar and sugar dressing on this salad has the perfect combination of salty This is my German mom's recipe too, minus the sugar. I also use more water as the potatoes really do soak up a lot of the liquid.
This is a Classic German Potato Salad! Thick-sliced potatoes tossed with bacon, onions, herbs, and mustardy vinaigrette. Serve it hot, warm, or cool at your next backyard Some recipes for German potato salad use butter or oil, but I find that the bacon provides plenty of richness all on its own. You can create German Potato Salad Batch 2 using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad Batch 2
- Prepare of For the boil.
- You need As needed of water to boil potatoes in.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 pound of new potatoes.
- You need of Bacon.
- You need 4 slices of bacon.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoon of ground Chicerones.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- It’s of Deglaze and Spices.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley flakes.
- You need 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground white pepper.
Pour bacon & grease over the potatoes. Stir thoroughly & serve at room temperature. MRS THEODORE (GLORIA) DOEDERLEIN From the , Fort Bliss Officers Wives Club, Ft. I'm not too big on the latter, but I have to hand it to the Germans with how they serve their potatoes, especially in potato salad.
German Potato Salad Batch 2 Preparation
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 6-8 pieces each. Cover with water and add the teaspoon of salt. Boil till fork tender. Reserve some of the water..
- Fry the bacon till crispy. Remove from pan. Chop, and set aside..
- Dice the onion and sauté in the bacon drippings until translucent..
- Add the sugar, vinegar, potatoes and a bit of water, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the Chicerones..
- Stir well till the Chicerones are incorporated in. Add the bacon coating all the bacon. Pour the dressing over the potatoes..
- Add a little potato water if too dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
I remember lots of potatoes garnished with parsley, usually tossed in a light vinegar dressing, sometimes onions, and always blessedly mayo-free. Warm German Potato Salad in its trademark bacon vinaigrette. This recipe calls for a little help from your slow cooker. READ German Potato Salad is great, well worth five stars. However, camel camel camel can show you, what the price history has been for this salad, so you READ's German Potato Salad is so good, I usually eat it cold, right out of the can.