German Potato Salad. Bacon gives this warm German potato salad recipe a boost of flavor. The vinegar and sugar dressing on this Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook.
Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network. Add potatoes and bacon to the skillet; cook and stir gently over Hey, you DO all realize that there is more than one kind of German Potato Salad, right? every region's is. German Potato Salad is always a hit any time of year. You can make German Potato Salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad
- It’s 6 of medium potatoes.
- You need 6 slices of bacon, reserve the bacon fat.
- You need 3/4 cup of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 Tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of celery seed.
- It’s Dash of pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Ground Mustard.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
Most often served warm, this easy This potato salad is made similarly to a warm potato salad. Cube and boil potatoes and while they're. Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite. I can taste the pucker now.
German Potato Salad Preparation
- Cut potatoes in half, place in a large pot, cover with water and boil until soft. Drain water from pot and allow potatoes to cool..
- Brown bacon slices on both sides until crisp in a large frying pan. Remove bacon and place on paper towel sheet. On medium heat, add the onions and sauté until soft in the bacon fat..
- Add the flour and blend. Add all the remaining ingredients and boil for 1 minute while stirring. Remove the pan from the heat. It will now thicken some. Stir a few times, season for taste, and set aside..
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel the skins with a peeler. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. With some potato chunks, cut again lengthwise. Now take all the chunks and make 1/4” slices crosswise. Begin placing them in a large bowl..
- Pour some of the pan gravy over the slices. Add more slices and then more gravy as you go. Top off the bowl of potato salad with crumpled bacon bits from the 4 or 5 slices left. You do have to taste-test 1 or 2 slices!.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly warmed..
For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and vinegar dressing. If you were to look up German Potato Salad you would get tons of different versions. German potato salad is a traditional potato side dish brought over to the United States by immigrants from southern Germany.