German potato salad. Bacon gives this warm German potato salad recipe a boost of flavor. The vinegar and sugar dressing on this Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook.
Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network. Add potatoes and bacon to the skillet; cook and stir gently over Hey, you DO all realize that there is more than one kind of German Potato Salad, right? every region's is. German Potato Salad is always a hit any time of year. You can create German potato salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of German potato salad
- You need 4 lb of red potatoes presliced thin 1/8 inch thick.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of baslamic vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 large of onion sliced thin 1/8 of an inch thick.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of green papaya powder /dry mustard powder.
- You need 1/3 lb of bacon chopped.
- You need 1 of water to boil potatoes.
Most often served warm, this easy This potato salad is made similarly to a warm potato salad. Cube and boil potatoes and while they're. Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite. I can taste the pucker now.
German potato salad Preparation
- put potatoes in a pan cover with water boil till done but still firm if red potatoes leave skins on drain put aside.
- put bacon in pan fry half done add onions stir till slightly brown add balsamic vinegar to deglaze pan add salt green papaya powder or dry mustard powder I substituted because I didn't have mustard powder..
- add vinegar water take 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar add cornstarch mix well when vinegar water sugar mixture boil add cornstarch mixed with apple cider vinegar..
- add potatoes and stir cornstarch mixture will thicken everything.
For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and vinegar dressing. If you were to look up German Potato Salad you would get tons of different versions. German potato salad is a traditional potato side dish brought over to the United States by immigrants from southern Germany.