Curry Flavoured German Sausage & Potato Salad. A favorite German fast food is currywurst, or grilled sausage with curry-flavored ketchup. It starts with a grilled sausage (Berliner currywurst is a pork sausage which resembles a hot dog, while other cities might use bratwurst) and curry-flavored tomato ketchup. Though its birthplace is in Berlin, you can find currywurst on almost every corner.
Curry sausages (Die Currywürste), a Deutsch national snack, fast food, finger food, drunk food or whatever you want to call it, one of best fusion food. German Curry Sausage is a great representation of german dishes. Simple and ordinary ingredients but make big flavours. You can create Curry Flavoured German Sausage & Potato Salad using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Curry Flavoured German Sausage & Potato Salad
- It’s 3-4 of Potatoes *about 400g.
- Prepare 300 g of German Sausage(s) OR Smoked European Style Sausage(s).
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Freshly Cracked Pepper.
- It’s 1/3-1/2 cup of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- You need 2-3 teaspoons of Curry Powder.
- It’s 2 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
The curry flavoured sausage is not a big thing here and has not the popularity like our real Currywurst that I linked in this post. As said, something new and surprisingly tasty. If I describe the taste, I'd say it's a German sausage with that delicious Indian flavour. Easy curry ketchup recipe for Berliner currywurst.
Curry Flavoured German Sausage & Potato Salad Preparation
- Peel Potatoes and cut into chunky pieces. Cook Potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain well..
- Cut the Sausage(s) into chunky pieces. Heat a frying pan or grill pan, cook sausage pieces until lightly browned. Alternatively you can cook in the toaster oven..
- Place cooked Potatoes in a large bowl and season with Salt & Pepper. Add browned Sausage pieces, chopped Spring Onion, Japanese Mayonnaise and Curry Powder, and mix to combine well..
To tweak the flavors until you find that perfect combination you can use Curry Sausage (Curry wurst) is a very popular German snack/fast food on the go. Its easy to make, kids love and its cheap! I'm using hotdogs in this recipe but any type of brats Pour curry sauce over sausage pieces on the plate, sprinkle some curry powder on top. Plate of sausages and bacon sauce. Grilled sausages in a pan with onions, served with boiled potato.