German-Style Potato Salad.
You can make German-Style Potato Salad using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German-Style Potato Salad
- You need 5 lb of red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 lb of uncooked bacon.
- You need 1 large of onion – chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Original.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of celery salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of seasoned salt.
German-Style Potato Salad Instructions
- Put all the red potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil..
- As the potatoes are cooking, cut the uncooked bacon into 1/2 inch slices (keep all the bacon slices together to make the cutting easier & quicker)and cook appropriately. Put cooked bacon on a paper towel-covered plate to drain but leave most of the bacon grease in the pan..
- Place the whole chopped onion in the pan and cook with the bacon grease. Stir occasionally. They are done once you the onions start to become slightly clear (translucent)..
- Add in the water, vinegar, cooked bacon, Mrs. Dash, & celery seed. Mix well and let it simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes..
- The potatoes will be done cooking once the skin looks like it is starting to peel off. Remove from heat and remove potatoes one at a time with tongs and place in strainer. Let them cool off slightly for about 5 minutes. You can either keep the skins on or easily peel them off while the potatoes are hot..
- In a large bowl, start assembling the potatoes. Cut the potato in half and set one half aside. Cut the other half into half circular pieces about 1/4 inch thick (more or less according to your liking). Place each piece flat into the bowl making the first layer. After the layer is complete, sprinkle a slight layer of seasoned salt. Continue making more layers and after each layer is completely, sprinkle with seasoned salt..
- After all layers are complete, put one last sprinkle of seasoned salt on top. Pour the completed sauce on top of that. Carefully fold the potatoes & sauce together. Cover with aluminum foil & let it sit for about an hour before serving..