Black Eyed Peas Tikka Masala.
You can cook Black Eyed Peas Tikka Masala using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Eyed Peas Tikka Masala
- Prepare 3 1/2 tsp of Tikka Masala seasoning mix.
- It’s 3 tsp of Curry powder.
- It’s 3 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 10 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 can of diced green chiles.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 packages of dried black eyed peas.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 of smoked pork hamhock (optional).
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tsp of cumin powder.
Black Eyed Peas Tikka Masala step by step
- Soak peas overnight in water. Drain them before cooking..
- In a food processor combine onion, garlic, cilantro. Pulse it until everything is finely chopped..
- In a large pot (I used a 6qt Dutch oven)? put the oil in it & cook the onion/garlic/cilantro mix with the green chiles & the canned diced tomatoes..
- Add the cumin, curry, tumeric, & Tikka masala seasonings. Let it cook for about another 5 minutes to let the flavors blend..
- Add the black eyed peas, smoked pork hamhock, & water. Salt & pepper to taste, if you want..
- Once it comes to a boil on med-high heat, cover & let it simmer on med-low until peas are soft & the "sauce" thickens. (About 2.5 hours).
- Add heavy cream & let it summer uncovered for another 30 – 40 minutes..
- Once it is nice & thick, you are done! I served this over white jasmine rice & it was delicious!.