~Shamrock's Perfect Prime Rib Roast.
You can cook ~Shamrock's Perfect Prime Rib Roast using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ~Shamrock's Perfect Prime Rib Roast
- You need of Main.
- It’s 4 lb of Prime Rib Roast (boneless & tied).
- You need of Spice Rub.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sea Salt (or Kosher Salt).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coarse Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning (or Dried Oregano).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ground Coffee (Instant is ok).
- You need of Horseradish Cream Sauce (Optional).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Horseradish.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sour Cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise.
- You need of Optional.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Butter (1/2 Stick) (Optional).
~Shamrock's Perfect Prime Rib Roast instructions
- Night before cooking* Unwrap roast and cover in Spice Rub mix, rubbing it in. Place on plate and put in refrigerator (uncovered). This allows the roast to dry for a better crust..
- 2 Hours Before Roasting* Remove roast from refrigerator and place on counter to allow it to come to Room Temperature..
- 15 minutes Before Roasting * Preheat oven to 450°F..
- Place roast in Roasting Pan with rack. Roast for 20 minutes at 450°F..
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Bake until internal temperature is 120-130 on meat thermometer (approximately 15 minutes per pound)..
- Remove from oven and place roast on aluminum foil on cutting board. Wrap entire roast tightly in foil for 30 minutes. Roast will continue to cook another 10 degrees..
- Make Horseradish Cream Sauce (Optional) while roast rests..
- After Roast has rested* Just before slicing roast, rub entire surface with butter. Slice roast in 1/2-1 inch slices. 4 lb. roast yields approximately 6 slices. Enjoy!.