You can have Snickerdoodles using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- It’s 1 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 2 tsp of pure vanilla.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of baking powder.
- It’s 3 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare of For coating:.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbs of cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of nutmeg.
Snickerdoodles step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add nutmeg, vanilla and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Add powder and mix.
- Add flour slowly, and scrape down mixer as needed.
- Scoop cookies, rolling each cookie into a ball with your hands.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg for topping.
- Roll each cookie in topping a d place on cookie sheet.
- They will not spread but will need to be flattened with a spatula before baking.
- Bake about 12 minutes, centers should be soft but not doughy..
- For traditional sugar cookies, just roll out and cut the dough into shapes. It won't need to be refrigerated. Frost or decorate as you like.
- For peppermint "kringles", omit nutmeg and use only 1 tsp of vanilla. Add 2-3 tsp peppermint extract and 1 tsp of red food coloring..
- Roll each kringle in red and green nonpareils or regular sugar instead of the cinnamon sugar.