Greek Summer Orzo Salad. This is a great summer salad, absolutely delicious! My husband commented about how quickly I scarfed it down. I made some changes: basil instead of oregano, black pepper instead of lemon.
It's always just about this time of year when I'm always ready for the warm beach days and. With a zippy Greek dressing and filled with fresh summer vegetables, this Greek Orzo Salad is going to be the biggest hit at all your BBQs. My favorite summer staple are pasta salads. You can have Greek Summer Orzo Salad using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Summer Orzo Salad
- It’s 1 box of orzo.
- It’s 1 cup of Greek vinaigrette.
- It’s 1 bunch of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 large of cucumber; small dice.
- You need 3 of Roma tomatoes; diced.
And nothing makes it easier to switch things up than using this fun little pasta shape: Orzo. This quick and easy orzo salad is a fresh Greek-inspired summer salad with cherry tomatoes, orzo pasta, cucumbers, feta cheese, oregano and green onions, and You could probably make this orzo salad into a with quinoa salad by using it instead of the orzo, though I haven't tried it that way yet. Summer Orzo Pasta Salad is a healthy pasta salad packed with lots of vegetables, chickpeas and feta cheese topped with a light red wine vinaigrette. I also love adding chickpeas to my salads for extra.
Greek Summer Orzo Salad Preparation
- Boil orzo until al dente according to box instructions. Drain. Cool under cold running water..
- Place orzo in a large mixing bowl. Add cucumber, tomatoes, and parsley. Toss. Add dressing. Toss..
- Variations; Lemon juice or zest, diced chicken, roasted bell peppers or garlic, sauteed spinach or arugala, sauteed zucchini or yellow squash, caramelized onions or shallots, dill, white wine, vinegar, sauteed eggplant.
Salad: This Greek Orzo Salad (below) shows that herbs make a salad infinitely more delicious! Adding dill and mint gives big flavor to the orzo and veggies. It's often used in Mediterranean-style recipes like Italian and Greek cuisine. Here, we've harnessed all the flavors of Greece for this orzo salad. This simple Greek Orzo Salad is packed with all of your favorite Greek flavors!