Ratatouille. Ratatouille, while not so straightforward with its action, has almost as much as The Incredibles did, in unique ways. Most memorable is the shotgun scene near the beginning. It was the eighth film produced by Pixar, and was written and directed by Brad.
You can make Ratatouille using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ratatouille
- You need 1 cup of sweet onion — diced 3/4 inch".
- You need 4 cloves of garlic — chopped.
- Prepare 1 ounce of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 of of a red bell pepper — diced 3/4 inch".
- You need 1/4 of of a green bell pepper–diced 3/4 inch".
- It’s 4 of each white mushroom — quarter the mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a eggplant – diced 3/4 inch"- then soaked in salt water.
- Prepare 1 of plum tomato –diced 3/4 inch".
- You need 1/2 of each zucchini squash — diced 3/4 inch".
- Prepare 1/2 of of a yellow squash — diced 3/4 inch".
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano,dry.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of crushed tomato.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional- this will depend on your taste).
- You need 1 sprig of fresh thyme — chopped- no stems.
- It’s 1 sprig of fresh tarragon — chopped- no stems.
- It’s 6 leaves of fresh basil — chopped- no stems.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt — to taste.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- 1. Dice the eggplant and place in a bowl and add just enough water to cover and add 2 teaspoon salt and let soak for 20 minutes and the drain off. This will take away bitterness..
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent about 3-4 minutes in a large 4 quart sauce pan or dutch oven..
- 2. Add the peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes and squash, dry oregano and sauté with a moderate heat for approximately 5 minutes..
- 3. Add stock and crushed tomatoes and sugar cook for 15 minutes or until tender not mush:).
- Add fresh herbs and seasonings..