Greek Pork Souvlaki with Greek Salad and Flatbread. Most Greeks enjoy their traditional Greek souvlaki with some potato chips stuffed in the pita so feel free to try adding some as well. Make your own traditional Greek pork souvlaki with gyros with this easy to follow recipe and discover what makes this souvlaki the most popular Greek street food! These Greek Pork Souvlaki are very easy to make and taste so crazy good, you'll want them to keep your outdoor grill occupied all summer long!
Pork souvlaki is quick and easy to make and perfect for cooking on an outdoor grill or on a griddle pan on the stove. Serve with a simple Greek-inspired salad for a. This Greek Pork Souvlaki recipe brings tender, grilled meat together with fresh and bright Greek flavors of lemon and herbs. You can cook Greek Pork Souvlaki with Greek Salad and Flatbread using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Pork Souvlaki with Greek Salad and Flatbread
- You need 350 g of Diced pork.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare of Salt and black pepper.
- It’s of Greek Olive oil.
- It’s of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare of Flatbread.
- You need of Wooden skewers soaked in water.
- It’s of For the salad: Red onion, mixed olives, tomatoes, feta, cucumber, drizzle of Greek olive oil, sprinkle of Dried Oregano, salt and black pepper.
Serve this grilled pork in a pita with sauce and fresh vegetables, or eat it as a plated meal. Either way, it adds some fun Greek flair to your next cookout with these pork skewers! Gyros with Greek Chicken and Homemade Greek Pita Flatbread. This post may contain affiliate links.
Greek Pork Souvlaki with Greek Salad and Flatbread Step by step
- In a bowl marinade the pork with the dried oregano, fresh rosemary, juice of half a lemon, paprika, yogurt, salt and pepper and a dash of Greek olive oil. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least a couple of hours..
- Heat fan oven to 180 degrees. Uncover your marinated pork, give it a stir and leave it for 15 minutes at room temperature. Get your pre-soaked skewers and thread the marinated pork on to them, making sure that each piece of pork settles gently against each other to allow it to breathe. Brush on any marinade you have left in the bowl and place in the pre-heated oven turning a couple of times for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked right through..
- In the meantime assemble your Greek salad. Remove the souvlaki from the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes and serve with your Greek Salad and flatbread..
Chicken Gyros with tangy Tzatziki sauce and soft, fluffy homemade Greek pita flatbreads. These gyros are insanely delicious and can be filled with your favorite veggies and salad. The Greeks are mad about Chicken Souvlaki. And after you've tried it, you will be too! "I really should make a Greek Salad to go with this. I need more salads on my site.