Greek Salad. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese (usually served as a slice on top of the other ingredients), and olives (typically Kalamata olives) and dressed with salt. This Greek salad is a healthy vegetable packed appetizer drizzled with a homemade red wine vinegar dressing. Each serving contains creamy feta cheese, kalamata olives, tomatoes, bell peppers.
Greek Salad is a delicious combination of crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes and crunchy bell peppers tossed with olives and feta cheese. Try Ina Garten's fresh Greek Salad recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network for a colorful Ina Garten makes her Greek Salad recipe. Greek salad, also known as village salad or horiatiki is the national dish of Greece, consisting of quartered tomatoes, sliced red onions, and chunky slices of cucumber. You can create Greek Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Salad
- Prepare 250 g of baby plum tomatoes.
- You need Half of a cucumber.
- It’s 1 of small red onion.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- Prepare 200 g of feta cheese.
- You need 70 g of pitted kalamata olives.
- Prepare Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of Juice from half a lemon.
- Prepare of Pepper to season.
In separate bowl whisk vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. A bright, fresh, classic Greek Salad recipe with a homemade Greek Salad Dressing. Made properly – which means no lettuce leaves and a simple, beautiful red wine vinegar dressing!
Greek Salad Preparation
- Slice tomatoes in half and cut cucumber into small chunks. Slice onion into very fine semi circles. Place into a large bowl.
- Chop green pepper into bite size pieces.
- Add green pepper and olives to the bowl.
- Cut the feta into chunks and add to the bowl along with the lemon juice, pepper and olive oil..
- Mix well and serve.
The base of the salad is composed of lettuce, onion, olives, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and feta Toss everything together and serve with pita bread and hummus. Get the recipe for Greek Salad I. Traditional Greek Salad recipe or just perfection in simplicity! Take your taste buds to the refreshing flavours of the Mediterranean with every bite of this colourful Greek salad! A big Greek Salad has to be one of those salads that when I start craving it, there is just no way Luckily for me, Greek salads couldn't be any easier to make and are quicker to make than they are to.