Mike Prime Rib.
You can have Mike Prime Rib using 2 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike Prime Rib
- You need 12 1/2 lb of Prime Rib Roast.
- Prepare of Seasonings of your choice.
Mike Prime Rib instructions
- Carefully remove the rib bones from the roast. The rib bones will act as your baking rack and be great leftovers..
- Season the entire roast with your favorite herbs and spices, including the removed rib rack. Do this at least 2 days ahead of cooking..
- Place roast back on top of the rib rack and secure with baking twine..
- Wrap the entire thing thoroughly in plastic wrap or a good plastic bag and refrigerate for at least two days..
- On the day of cooking, remove the roast from the refrigerator and allow it to come up to nearly room temperature. This will take 2 to 3 hours..
- Preheat oven to 200..
- Place roast in pan and put in oven. Bake at 200 for 2 hours..
- Reduce heat to 180 and continue to cook the roast until the internal temperature reaches no more than 130. This will probably take an additional 3 1/2 to 4 hours..
- When internal temperature reaches 125 to 130, remove the roast from the oven, loosely tent with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 45 to 60 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 450..
- 12 to 15 minutes prior to serving, place the roast back into the 450 degree oven and roast for about 10 to 12 minutes. This will brown and begin to crust the outside..
- Remove roast from oven. Slice and serve immediately..
- Note : the above directions will provide you with a roast that is medium rare throughout. If you want it cooked further, adjust the cooking time to achieve desired taste..
- Note 2: be prepared as this cooking process will take about 8 to 9 hours from the time you take the uncooked roast out of the refrigerator on the day of cooking to serving time. You will not be disappointed..