Greek Salad Rolls ?. It's been a week now since the first day of summer and the heat wave is hitting us with all its power. The rolls are best eaten when warm. We had one left for the next day, and heated up for few seconds in the microwave.
Slice a cucumber thinly (long-ways) and pat dry with paper towels. While your slices dry a bit, make a "deconstructed tzatziki" of sorts (i.e. tzatziki minus the cucumber). Greek salad, also known as village salad or horiatiki is the national dish of Greece, consisting of quartered tomatoes, sliced red onions, and chunky slices of cucumber. You can cook Greek Salad Rolls ? using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Salad Rolls ?
- You need 1 of large cucumber.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of hummus.
- Prepare 250 gms of feta cubed.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped olives.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges (optional).
Depending on the region, there can also be olives, green peppers, capers, feta cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, or a typical dressing. An authentic Greek salad from Oia, Santorini in Greece. Traveling through Greece, I feel in love with the Greek salads on the islands because they had no Nice! No salad dressing.keep it simple healthy and fresh!!
Greek Salad Rolls ? Preparation
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice cucumber into thin flat strips..
- Lay slices down on paper towels to drain excess moisture..
- Lay a slice & Spread a thin layer of hummus on top of each slice, then sprinkle feta cubes, chopped olives, tomatoes on top..
- Sprinkle some black pepper and roll tightly. Before serving squeeze lemon juice on top..
Tomatoes cucumbers onion feta olives vinegar(red wine). This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement. A traditional Greek salad is a staple in just about any Greek restaurant anywhere in the world. But what makes such a salad authentic, and how can you make one at home?