You can make Squash Casserole using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squash Casserole
- Prepare 3 of lbs. of zucchini and yellow squash.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1/2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of fresh tomatoes chopped.
- You need 2 Tbl of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 2 Tbl of butter.
- It’s 1 of chopped green bell pepper.
- You need of Grated cheese.
Squash Casserole Preparation
- Chop up all your vegetables first. Sometimes I do this the night before..
- Melt butter and heat oil in a large saucepan on low to medium heat..
- Add in the garlic and onion and stir occasionally until browned..
- Add the bell pepper, tomato, and ground pepper. Stir occasionally until a little soft..
- Meanwhile, place the chopped squash in a casserole dish. I usually arrange in a spiral pattern covering the whole surface of the bottom of the casserole dish. Pile the squash up until it is about half-way full..
- Take the mixture from the sauce pan and pour it on top of the squash. Place some grated cheese on top. I like to use organic, sharp cheddar cheese. However, you an also use Parmasean or whatever else you like..
- Cover the casserole dish and place in oven at 375 degrees. Bake for about 20-30 minutes..