Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad. This recipe for Greek spaghetti squash salad is like a Greek pasta salad that uses spaghetti squash instead of traditional pasta! It's light but filling and super flavorful! The best part is that you can easily make this ahead of time and the flavor just continues to get better!
This simple, nutritious salad is low in carbs but high in flavor! It's a perfect as a side dish for grilled chicken or fish. Not only is spaghetti squash delicious as a substitute for pasta in warm dishes but its also delicious served chilled in a salad, just like this one. You can create Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad
- You need 1 of 3lb spaghetti squash.
- Prepare 4 of roma tomatoes.
- You need 2 of cucumbers.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of olives (I prefer Kalamata olives for this).
- It’s 1 cup of feta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need of salt and granulated garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 of optional – pine nuts.
Ideally you would roast your spaghetti squash in the oven, but if you forget, you can always throw your squash in the microwave for a quick cooking option. Spaghetti squash has really started to become popular thanks to it's delicious flavor and versatile use as a replacement for pasta. It is a big fat Greek party in your mouth! The next time you want a lighter not so carb loaded salad, try this Spaghetti Squash Greek Salad.
Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad Preparation
- Cook squash in microwave on high for 15-20 minutes with punctured holes in it. Let rest 15-20 minutes or until just cool enough to handle. Cut in half and remove seed section. Scrape out flesh with a fork..
- Chop tomatoes..
- Chop the cucumbers..
- Dice the onion..
- Cut the olives in half..
- Combine the vegetables..
- Add the cheese and seasonings..
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and stir..
These Greek Spaghetti Squash Bowls are packed full with red peppers, onion, artichokes, Greek seasoned ground turkey, and topped with feta for a satisfying, low carb meal! Strands of baked spaghetti squash tossed with feta cheese, onions, tomatoes, olives, and basil for a Greek-inspired The flesh of spaghetti squash comes out in long strands, very much resembling the noodles for which it is named. In this recipe, the 'noodles' are tossed with vegetables and feta cheese. We love spaghetti squash in our house! If you've never made it before, it's such a great veggie!