Split Pea Soup.
You can cook Split Pea Soup using 6 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup
- It’s 1 of leftover frozen ham bone (any size).
- Prepare 20 oz of bag dry green split peas.
- Prepare 12 cup of water.
- It’s 14 1/2 oz of can sliced carrots (drained).
- You need 15 oz of can new potatoes (drained).
- It’s 1 of salt n pepper to taste.
Split Pea Soup instructions
- Place water in a large pot..
- Place frozen ham bone in pot of water..
- Turn heat on high and boil covered for 2 hours..
- Remove from heat. And remove ham bone from water. Keeping water in pot..
- Let ham bone cool until its handleable.. pick all meat and bone marrow off bone and place in pot of water..
- Chop carrots and potatoes into small cubes..
- Clean peas by picking out bad peas, stones, sticks etc. Then rinse under cool water..
- Bring water back to a boil on high heat. Add peas, carrots, potatoes, salt and pepper..
- Bring to a boil again..
- Lower heat to medium/ medium low and simmer uncovered..
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Stirring often and frequent making sure your scraping the bottom..
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes..
- Give a quick stir and serve hot!.
- To have a smooth creamy soup.. place soup in blender and puree until smooth..
- You can also serve this soup chilled..