Split Pea Soup.
You can cook Split Pea Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry split peas (rinsed & drained).
- You need 1 1/2 lb of meaty pork hocks or meaty ham bone.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried marjoram crushed.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped carrot.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
Split Pea Soup step by step
- In large saucepan combine broth, split peas, ham hock, marjoram, bay leaf, 2 cups of water & dash of pepper..
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 1 hour. Stirring occasionally.
- When cool enough, cut meat off bones. Return meat to saucepan. Stir in carrots, celery & onion..
- Return to boiling, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 20-30 min. (til veggies are tender).