Greek salad. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese (usually served as a slice on top of the other ingredients), and olives (typically Kalamata olives) and dressed with salt. This Greek salad is a healthy vegetable packed appetizer drizzled with a homemade red wine vinegar dressing. Each serving contains creamy feta cheese, kalamata olives, tomatoes, bell peppers.
Greek Salad is a delicious combination of crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes and crunchy bell peppers tossed with olives and feta cheese. Try Ina Garten's fresh Greek Salad recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network for a colorful Ina Garten makes her Greek Salad recipe. Greek salad, also known as village salad or horiatiki is the national dish of Greece, consisting of quartered tomatoes, sliced red onions, and chunky slices of cucumber. You can have Greek salad using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek salad
- It’s of dressing.
- It’s 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano ( Mediterranean is best).
- It’s of salad.
- You need 1 head of lettuce,torn into bite size pieces.
- It’s 3 large of plump tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1 of English cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1 medium of red onion, cut into thin rings and soaked for 10 minutes in a small bowl of ice water to make it less sharp.
- It’s 1 small of green pepper, cut into thin rings.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of olive.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
In separate bowl whisk vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. A bright, fresh, classic Greek Salad recipe with a homemade Greek Salad Dressing. Made properly – which means no lettuce leaves and a simple, beautiful red wine vinegar dressing!
Greek salad Step by step
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until blended..
- Season to taste..
- Drain onion from ice water and pat dry with paper towels..
- Combine all salad ingredients, except cheese,in large bowl..
- Toss the dressing.
- Sprinkle cheese over and serve..
The base of the salad is composed of lettuce, onion, olives, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and feta Toss everything together and serve with pita bread and hummus. Get the recipe for Greek Salad I. Traditional Greek Salad recipe or just perfection in simplicity! Take your taste buds to the refreshing flavours of the Mediterranean with every bite of this colourful Greek salad! A big Greek Salad has to be one of those salads that when I start craving it, there is just no way Luckily for me, Greek salads couldn't be any easier to make and are quicker to make than they are to.