Garlic Prime Rib.
You can have Garlic Prime Rib using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic Prime Rib
- It’s 10 lb of prime rib roast.
- Prepare 12 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
Garlic Prime Rib instructions
- Place the roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up..
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, garlic salt, garlic pepper, and thyme..
- Spread the mixture over the fatty layer of the roast and let the roast sit out until it is at room temperature, no longer than one hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Bake the roast for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees and continue roasting for an additional 60 to 75 minutes.
- The internal temperature of the roast should be at 135 degrees for medium rare. Cook a little bit longer if you want it a little more done..
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving so the meat can retain its juices..