Greek Salad. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese (usually served as a slice on top of the other ingredients), and olives (typically Kalamata olives) and dressed with salt. This Greek salad is a healthy vegetable packed appetizer drizzled with a homemade red wine vinegar dressing. Each serving contains creamy feta cheese, kalamata olives, tomatoes, bell peppers.
Greek Salad is a delicious combination of crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes and crunchy bell peppers tossed with olives and feta cheese. Greek salad, also known as village salad or horiatiki is the national dish of Greece, consisting of quartered tomatoes, sliced red onions, and chunky slices of cucumber. A bright, fresh, classic Greek Salad recipe with a homemade Greek Salad Dressing. You can have Greek Salad using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Salad
- Prepare 6-8 of Roma tomatoes.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper, cored.
- It’s 1-2 of cucumbers.
- It’s of Greek pitted Kalamata olives.
- You need 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare of Greek feta cheese (crumble).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Serve with crusty bread!.
Made properly – which means no lettuce leaves and a simple, beautiful red wine vinegar dressing! Try Ina Garten's fresh Greek Salad recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network for a colorful Ina Garten makes her Greek Salad recipe. She begins by making homemade vinaigrette, which includes. Traditional Greek Salad recipe or just perfection in simplicity!
Greek Salad Preparation
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges or large chunks.
- Cut the partially peeled cucumber in half length-wise, then slice into thick halves (at least 1/2″ in thickness).
- Thinly slice the bell pepper into rings..
- Cut the red onion in half and thinly slice into half moons..
- Place everything in a large salad dish. Add a good handful of the pitted kalamata olives..
- Season very lightly with salt (just a pinch). Pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar..
- Give everything a very gentle toss to mix; do NOT over mix, this salad is not meant to be handled too much..
- Now add the the feta on top. Sprinkle the dried oregano on top..
- Serve with crusty bread!.
- I like to refrigerate mine to 1 or 2 hours before serving but you don’t have too..
- Notes- you can use any Tomatoes that you like as many or as little, that goes for everything in this recipe. You can use different colors bell peppers or sweet peppers… I think the more Olive oil you use the better and a slash of vinegar… I know I use way more olive oil than the recipe calls for.. I make everything to taste with this recipe… if you don’t like an ingredient use less of it or not at all. The best part about this salad is you can make a lot of it or just one severing….
Take your taste buds to the refreshing flavours of the Mediterranean with every bite of this colourful Greek salad! A big Greek Salad has to be one of those salads that when I start craving it, there is just no way Luckily for me, Greek salads couldn't be any easier to make and are quicker to make than they are to. Greek Salad is the perfect make-ahead side dish. It is best served cold but that means it can be Among all the pasta salads, Greek salad has always been my favorite. What's not to love about a.