Traditional Greek Salad. Greek salad is one of the most famous salads out there. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese (usually served as a slice on top of the other ingredients), and olives (typically Kalamata olives) and dressed with salt. This tart and crispy salad complements a variety of entrees, from casseroles and meats to pasta and pizza.
I'm sharing everything I learned from my visit to Greece! Reviews for: Photos of Traditional Greek Salad. Traditional Greek Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can create Traditional Greek Salad using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Traditional Greek Salad
- You need 1/2 of cucumber, cubed (peeled and seeded).
- You need 1 of med/lg tomato, cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 of red onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 oz of Greek olives, sliced.
- You need 1/8 cup of feta cheese, cubed (or crumbled).
- It’s 1/8 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic (or minced).
- It’s to taste of Salt & Pepper,.
A traditional Greek salad (Horiatiki) is a chunky salad that combines fresh summer produce, salty olives, and creamy goat cheese with a light oil and vinegar dressing for a satisfying summer meal or. After my son & his wife returned back to American, from honeymooning in GREECE, they shared their authentic GREEK SALAD eating experience with me & taught. This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement.
Traditional Greek Salad Instructions
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for 30-45 mins before serving. ENJOY!.
Olives – The traditional Greek salad uses kalamata olives. They are dark purple and apparently Onion – The traditional Greek salad recipe is usually made with red onion. If you don't have one on. Traditional Greek Salad Recipe (+ other food highlights). We loved eating the Meditteranean diet on our trip, which traditionally includes Our take on the Traditional Greek Salad we came home loving.