Mom's Tuna Macaroni Salad. My mom has been making this salad every summer since I was a child. It is hands down the tastiest and cremiest tuna macaroni salad I've ever had – and always wins rave reviews from guests. Although simple, she experimented a bit before she got it right.
Tuna macaroni salad holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of big summertime cookouts and family reunions in Elberton. I'm surprised to hear a lot of folks have never had tuna macaroni salad before. You can create Mom's Tuna Macaroni Salad using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mom's Tuna Macaroni Salad
- It’s 1 packages of elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 1 can of tuna.
- Prepare 3 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise or miracle whip.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of pickle relish.
- It’s of salt and pepper (approximately 1 tsp each).
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
Maybe it's more of a southern thing because I grew up on this stuff. Login or register to rate and review recipes! In a large bowl, lightly toss the tuna, macaroni, peas, onion, celery, and red pepper until mixed. In a smaller bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, and black pepper until well blended.
Mom's Tuna Macaroni Salad Instructions
- Cook macaroni according to packag, drain.
- In a large bowl, mix all the other ingredients.
- Add macaroni to bowl and top with sliced eggs..
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill for 1 hour.
Reviews for: Photos of Mom's Best Macaroni Salad. Tuna Macaroni Salad is a classic potluck recipe. It is creamy with lots of hard-boiled egg, peas, celery, onion, and sweet pickle relish. Tuna Macaroni Salad is a really budget-friendly recipe. Adding a can of tuna to pasta salad gives it plenty of flavor and some protein without the expense of a more.