Chunky Aussie Steak Pies with Mash and smashed Peas.
You can cook Chunky Aussie Steak Pies with Mash and smashed Peas using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chunky Aussie Steak Pies with Mash and smashed Peas
- It’s 700 grams of gravy beef.
- It’s 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 250 grams of mushrooms quartered.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 of sheets of frozen short crust pastry.
- Prepare 2 of sheets of frozen puff pastry.
- You need 3 medium of potatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of frozen green peas.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
Chunky Aussie Steak Pies with Mash and smashed Peas instructions
- Combine beef, flour and season with salt & pepper, toss to coat..
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and brown beef. Do this in 2 or 3 batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Trabsfer to separate plate when beef is browned..
- Add mushroom, onion and garlic to pan and cook until onions are softened. Stir in beef, tomato paste and stock and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 1 hour stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook for further 30mins or until beef is tender..
- Set aside to cool and the cover and place in fridge to cool completely..
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Cut and line 4 individual pie tins with short crust pastry allowing sides to overhang. Brush sides with egg ans divide beef evenly among cases..
- Cut puff pastry and top pies and trim off any excess. Use a fork to press down edges to seal and brush with remaining egg and cut a small cross into each centre of the pie and bake for 30mins or until puffed and golden..
- Clean and peel potatoes cover with water and bring to boil. Cook until soft. In a separate pot cover peas with water and cook until super soft..
- Once potatoes are cooked add 2 tablespoons of butter, season with salt and pepper and mash until desired smoothness. Repeat and do same with peas..
- Cut the tops of pies and top with mashed potatoes and peas and place top back on. Serve with gravy or tomato sauce and enjoy :).