Japanese style french toast.
You can cook Japanese style french toast using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese style french toast
- You need 2 slices of thickly sliced bread (soft fluffy bread recommended).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
Japanese style french toast step by step
- Trim away the crust of your bread and cut each slice into two rectangular pieces..
- Make the egg mixture by combining eggs, milk, sugar, mirin and soy sauce. You may choose to strain the mixture, I did not do that..
- Soak bread pieces into the egg mixture for 30 minutes then flip over carefully to soak the other side for 30 minutes. The bread is very soft..
- Heat a lightly oiled pan on low heat. Cook the bread on one side for 8 minutes, covered. Then carefully flip over and cook the other side for 5-8 minutes, covered..
- French toast should be golden brown and fluffy. Enjoy with butter and maple syrup..