You can cook Gingerbread cookies using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gingerbread cookies
- It’s 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cloved.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of molasses.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Gingerbread cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheets by spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- In small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves until well blended..
- In a large bowl beat butter, brown sugar and egg on medium speed until well blended..
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Place one portion of dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Sprinkle flour over dough and rolling pin.
- Roll dough to scant 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out cookies with desired cookie cutter.
- Space cookies 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. The lower time will give softer cookies.
- After cookies cool you can decorate them any way you like..