You can cook Santa cookies using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Santa cookies
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar packed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s of large egg yolk.
- You need 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- You need 1 cup of Christmas M&Ms.
Santa cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy..
- Beat in eggs..
- Gradually stir in flour mixture by hand until smooth..
- Then fold in the chocolate chips..
- Using a cookie dough scoop, divide dough and roll into balls..
- Place on baking sheet and slightly press down the top.
- Place the M&Ms on top of the cookie dough on the cookie sheets and light press them down into the dough..
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Allow the cookies to set on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container and enjoy!.