Prime Rib Roast.
You can cook Prime Rib Roast using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prime Rib Roast
- You need 1 of Rib Roast – bone in (5-7 ribs).
- You need 3 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 3 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of paprika.
Prime Rib Roast instructions
- Take rib roast out of the refrigerator and sit at room temperature for at least 4 hours prior to cooking..
- Combine salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika in a bowl and mix thoroughly..
- 60-90 min before cooking, take a paper towel and dab dry the roast. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Then sift the seasonings in step 2 all over the roast. You do not want to rub this in. Just sift over the top..
- Place the roast into a roasting pan. Since the roast is bone in, you do not need to use a rack in the pan, but you can if you want..
- When you are ready to cook the roast, cook it on a shelf that 3/4 from the bottom of the preheated oven oven. Cook uncovered at 475 degrees for 30 minutes. This will give the outside a nice sear..
- After the 30 minutes are done reduce the heat to 300 degrees and cook uncovered for 1 hour..
- Reduce temperature again to 275, and cook until the roast is at the desired doneness..
- After cooking, let the roast sit for 20-30 minutes before cutting into it..