whopping wholegrain-pasta salad. Pasta salad is an easy, go-to meal when the weather is warm, but most of the recipes we know and love are mayo-based, which means they're not so great for us. Medium Pasta Shells Recipes Looking for a whole grain pasta recipe to use your medium pasta shells in? Pasta and grain salads make excellent sides, combining whole grains and veggies into one convenient dish!
Our Whole Grain-Greek Pasta Salad Recipe is a Healthy Living recipe you can feel good about. Whole wheat noodles have a chewier texture than regular pasta, but it's also more nutrient-rich. A cold pasta salad makes an excellent resistant-starch choice. You can create whopping wholegrain-pasta salad using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of whopping wholegrain-pasta salad
- It’s 2 cup of whole grain pasta, cooked.
- Prepare 2 small of carrots, cooked in a curry sauce or steamed.
- You need 1/2 of red onion, in rings.
- Prepare 15 of asparagus spears (heads only, steamed).
- It’s of dressing.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tahini or peanut butter (smooth).
- You need 1 tbsp of grain mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp of hot water.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare of topping.
- You need 1 tbsp of pine nuts.
- Prepare 1 of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 of some olives, or dried or fresh tomatoes, diced….
To me, healthy pasta is whole wheat, whole grain or most gluten free pasta made with whole foods like beans, legumes and seeds. Healthy pasta salad makes filling vegetarian meal on its own. Legume-based pastas have an impressive protein and fiber count, some with as much protein as meat. Just don't expect these to taste—or be firm to the.
whopping wholegrain-pasta salad Step by step
- combine the ingredients in a large bowl.
- mix the dressing in a small bowl and pour over the salad.
- toss and let soak for a few hours.
- dress in a nice salad bowl with the toppings on top.
No matter what crowd-pleasing pasta salad recipe you start with, you can make one super simple swap to make it healthier: Use whole grain pasta! Shrimp, Lemon, and Spinach Whole-grain Pasta Salad. We lightened up this pasta salad by replacing the usual mayonnaise dressing with Greek-style low-fat yogurt, which has been strained so that it's thick and rich-tasting. Make one big batch of a grain salad on Sunday and you're already off to better eating for the week. They're a wholesome side dish next to meat or This salad is wonderful made in the peak of summer when there's an abundance of fresh corn and juicy tomatoes, but it's also quite tasty made with frozen.